A full time doctoral grant position is open for three years at the University of Liège, Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech
As part of a « Greater region » INTERREG VA project – led by EEIG (European economic interest grouping) – called “Grande Région, Eco-Tourisme et Attractivité (AGRETA),aiming the development of Ardenne’s attractiveness in the Greater Region by putting eco-tourism at the core of its strategy, a full time doctoral grant position is open for three years at the University of Liège, Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech (BIOSE Research Unit, Biodiversity and Landscape Unit - Prof. Marc Dufrêne).
This scientific contribution aims to analyse in which way the landscapes of French, Belgian and Grand-Ducal Ardennes meet high added value tourism expectations and to identify the opportunities for improvement at the local and landscape scales in accordance with the communication. The project will involve notably the ecosystem services approach (balance, synergies/trade-offs between production, regulating and cultural services). It will be carried out in closed collaboration with the LEF-INRA team in Nancy, who will be in charge of the analysis of the demand and expectations of the eco-tourists visiting the Ardenne and with the team of RND (Ressources Naturelles Développement) in Marloie who ensures the coordination of this action.
- Doctoral grant
- Not having worked more than a year as an assistant at ULg
- Main working place at Gembloux but ready to relocate for missions
- Doctoral enrolment
- Master’s degree required
- Degree: Bioengineer or Sciences degree in the field of forestry, ecology, geography, landscape architect, …
- Experiences and particular skills to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated mastery of geographic information systems, of data management and analysis if not modelling
- Basic field naturalist for ecological interpretation
- Good practice of English
- Autonomy, team spirit and integration in a multidisciplinary team
The written applications + cover letter shall be sent for Wednesday, the 22th of March to Prof. Marc Dufrêne at ULg, Gx-ABT, Biodiversity and Landscape, passage des Déportés, 2 at 5030 Gembloux with a copy by email to Catherine.Monfort@ulg.ac.be.