September 11-13, 2017, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
The iMarCo conference will take place from 11 to 13 September 2017 in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
What is iMarCo?
iMarco is a new initiative aimed at creating an international network for promoting collaborative projects among European scientists interested in the study of marine connectivity. The network covers a broad spectrum of marine science disciplines including physical oceanography, microchemistry, genetics and evolutionary ecology, behaviour, tagging, fisheries and aquaculture.
The strategic objective of iMarCo is to organise and create synergies among the European scientific community sharing an interest in the understanding of the spatial dynamics of marine populations.
What are the objectives?
The specific objectives of this multidisciplinary European research network are:
- Fostering innovative research and establishment of collaborative structures to develop joint projects and apply to research funding calls for proposals (e.g. EU FP2020).
- Synthesis and dissemination of knowledge on oceanographic, genetic, and microchemistry methods for the study of connectivity.
- Multidisciplinary training of young researchers by promoting scientific communication and geographic and thematic connectivity between different teams.
- Organisation of workshops and thematic schools (or Master modules) to achieve the necessary synthesis and advanced training of young researchers.
- Promotion and dissemination of methods and results among managers of Marine Protected Areas and Natural Resource Agencies.
There is also a call for poster presentations that can be submitted here: http://imarco2017.weebly.com/abstracts.html
Oral and poster presentations shall focus on the study of marine connectivity through a broad spectrum of marine science disciplines including physical oceanography, microchemistry, genetics and evolutionary ecology, behaviour, tagging, fisheries and aquaculture. We particularly welcome multi/interdisciplinary studies.
Abstracts can be submitted through the form on the right. Please include all co-authors and their affiliations at the end of the abstract. LaTeX typesetting is accepted.
Deadline for abstracts submission: June 15, 2017.