Organised by the Belgian Biodiversity Platform on 6-7 October 2016
The report of the European One Health / Eco Health Workshop that took place on 6th and 7th October 2016 in Brussels has just been released.
The workshop was organised by the Belgian Community of Practice Biodiversity & Health, which is facilitated by the Belgian Biodiversity Platform.
The report provides an overview of the observations, conclusions and recommendations from the workshop in relation to a diversity of topics, including:
- Vectors and vector borne diseases
- Zoonotic diseases
- Cross-pollinating agro-eco-human health perspectives to reduce antimicrobial resistance threats
- Environmental and internal microbiome
- Nature health benefits
- Evaluation and challenges/limitations of One Health
- Social science, transdisciplinarity and traditional knowledge systems
- OneHealth/EcoHealth in the Global South: interdisciplinarity capacity building in research and educational challenges
The report also provides insights on challenges and ways forward with regard to:
- Data integration
- Interdisciplinary and cross-sectorial collaboration
- Developing soft skills
- Recognition of One Health actions and research
- How can interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary research get published.